Monday, July 6, 2015

Lily

A year ago today...an angel was born on Earth for a short time and she has forever changed me.

My Letter to Lily

Lily,

I wish we were celebrating your first birthday this weekend, with you....so instead we will celebrate your birthday with Heaven. I am thankful for your life and your parents. I miss you. I think of you often and wonder how the events and days would be different with your sweet presence with us, instead of hand in hand with Jesus. You are brave young one and beautiful! I want you to know how much you are missed and how your life has pushed me to be a better version of myself.

Because of you....I try to complain less and be grateful more often. I am working to cherish the small things and let go of what I can't control. We remember you each month in a different or unique way and it has been a privilege to bless someone in your honor.

I am so proud of your parents Lily. They have walked an impossible journey and have done so well in honoring you. They are strong and courageous. They are brave and willing to endure....selfless.

When I say that you will never be forgotten, I mean it. I hear a song, see a picture or read a children's book and think of you and your gentle soul. Your name will forever hold a place in my heart.

Happy 1st Birthday!

I love you Lily, xoxo

Aunt Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment